Please note: ETH Zurich does not maintain
the code anymore.
Please visit the PROSE SourceForge website, http://jprose.sourceforge.net/,
for future releases, documentation, updates & support.
information, please contact Dr. Angela Nicoara.
Download current release
four prototype implementations:
- Stub and Advice weavers:
- the new version of PROSE based on
the SUN JVM and IBM Jikes RVM
- there are two implementations
that support method code
replacement at runtime: one based on Sun JVM, and the other one on
- weaves the advices at runtime by
recompilation of methods, using the support for method code replacement
- JVMTI / JVMDI event notification
- based on the tool / debugger
interface of the Sun JVM
- support for JVMTI event notification
(for JDK 1.5.0 or above)
- Hook weaver:
- based on the IBM Jikes RVM
- uses the baseline JIT compiler to
weave hooks into the running application at all potential joinpoints
- Advanced method code replacement (method
redefinition) support for SUN JVM and IBM Jikes RVM:
- "proceed" support for SUN JVM
and IBM Jikes RVM:
- Exception handling
- Handling multiple "proceeds"
- Advanced multiple method redefinitions
support, e.g., based on aspects priorities
- New examples of runtime adaptation are
- PROSE Development Tools for Eclipse
(as an Eclipse plug-in):
- distributed visualization of remote
- weaving and unweaving of extensions
in local and remote JVMs
- creating extensions with PROSE using
the creation wizard
- drag and drop support for extensions
- Note: The documentation for the PROSE
1.4.0 release will be available soon on the project website
PROSE version works with SUN's JDK 1.2.2 - 1.5.0_16
under Linux and Windows, and IBM Jikes RVM 22.214.171.124 under Linux.
The current PROSE Development Tools for
Eclipse (as an Eclipse Plugin) works with Eclipse 3.0 -
3.2.2 under Linux and Windows.
The CVS tag for this release is PROSE_1_4_0.
1.4.0 can be dowloaded from SourceForge.
Download older releases
PROSE 1.3.0 can be downloaded from SourceForge.
PROSE 1.2.1 can be downloaded from SourceForge.
PROSE 1.2.0 can be downloaded from SourceForge.
PROSE 1.1.2 can be downloaded from SourceForge.
PROSE 1.1.1 can be downloaded from SourceForge.
PROSE 1.0.2 can be downloaded from SourceForge.
The PROSE code is governed by serveral licenses. For more details,
please visit the PROSE license page.